Patient Participation Group (PPG)
PPGs have an increasingly important role to play in helping to give patients a say in the way services are delivered to best meet their needs, and the needs of the local community.
We are currently looking to increase our group membership and are keen to have representation from a wide range of patients, including;
* Patients with Long term conditions
* Patients who are working or of working age
* Patient’ with children registered at the practice
* Patients who have retired/reached retirement age
If you are interested in joining the group, please contact Kirsty Hutchinson, Admin Manager to discuss how you can take part.
The role of the PPG includes:
• being a critical friend to the practice;
• advising the practice on the patient perspective and providing insight into the responsiveness and quality of services;
• encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health;
• carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice;
• organising health promotion events and improving health literacy;
• regular communication with the patient population.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.