Gateshead and Newcastle Pharmacy opening times for Bank Holiday 25th May 2020
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE||Asda (Byker)||0191 2106990||Newcastle Shopping Centre, Fossway, Byker, Newcastle Upon Tyne||NE6 2XP||09:00-18:00|
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE||Asda Pharmacy (Gosforth)||0191 213 4317||Hollywood Avenue, Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne||NE3 5BU||09:00-18:00|
|WHICKHAM||Asda Pharmacy (Metrocentre)||0191 461 9510||Maple Row, Metro Centre, Gateshead||NE11 9YA||09:00-18:00|
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE||Boots (Blackett Street)||0191 232 4423||35 Blackett Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne||NE1 7AN||10:00-16:00|
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE||Boots (Kingston Park)||0191 271 5073||Unit 1 Kingston Park Shopping Centre, Brunton Lane, Newcastle Upon Tyne||NE3 2FP||09:00-18:00|
|GATESHEAD||Boots (Team Valley)||0191 491 4348||Unit 9 Team Valley Retail Park, Gateshead||NE11 0BD||09:00-18:00|
|GATESHEAD||Boots (Trinity Square)||0191 4771306||13-15 Ellison Walk, Trinity Square, Gateshead||NE8 1BF||10:00-16:00|
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE||Boots Ltd (Eldon Square)||0191 232 9844||Hotspur Way, Eldon Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne||NE1 7XE||09:00-18:00|
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE||Lloyds Pharmacy (High Heaton)||0191 266 2307||Inside Sainsburys, Etherstone Avenue, Heaton, Newcastle Upon Tyne||NE7 7JW||09:00-17:00|
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE||Tesco Instore Pharmacy (Kingston Park)||0345 6779483||Brunton Lane, Kingston Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne||NE3 2FP||09:00-18:00|
|GATESHEAD||Lloyds Pharmacy (Team Valley)||0191 491 1198||Inside Sainsburys, Eleventh Avenue North, Team Valley Trading Estate, Gateshead||NE11 0JY||09:00-17:00|
|NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE||Ponteland Road Pharmacy||0191 214 6022||163-167 Ponteland Road, Cowgate, Newcastle Upon Tyne||NE5 3AE||10:00-16:00|
Due to ongoing advice from NHS England, we are restricting the number of patients entering the building.
WE WILL NOW ACCEPT PAPER REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS. THESE SHOULD BE PLACED IN THE BOX PROVIDED BY THE REAR ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO RECEPTION TO ORDER OR ENQUIRE ABOUT ANY PRESCRIPTIONS.
PREFERABLY PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING METHODS
- ONLINE ACCES, OR VIA THE NHS APP
- PHARMACY ORDERING
- E-MAIL NGCCG.A85016@NHS.NET
ANY OTHER QUERIES PLEASE CALL THE SURGERY
Thank you for your co-operation at this time.
Order your repeat medication (if it is due) by one of the following methods
- Online – please ask the reception team for a registration form for Patient Access, which is our online system. You will also be able to manage your appointments online once you’re signed up. Our page How does Online ordering work? contains links to instructional videos. Whilst you await your online activation, you may also email the surgery NGCCG.A85016@nhs.net
- In Writing – using your repeat slip from your prescription, tick the items you need and put it into the repeat prescriptions box next to the reception desk. If you do not have your repeat slip, we'll supply a request form - simply write down what you need and post it in the box.
- Directly via your pharmacy – many pharmacies operate their own system for ordering prescriptions. Ask your pharmacist for details.
You must allow a minimum of 2 full working days (48 hours) for repeat requests to be processed - Please not that if a medication is not on REPEAT this may take longer
Your chosen pharmacy will need additional time to process your prescription and have your items ready for collection. Please bear this in mind.
We’re making these changes for several reasons,
- the most important is safety. Some telephone conversations are not clear and can involve a great deal of time and effort in checking and chasing up correct details and dosages.
- Waiting times on the telephone lines - this system will reduce the number of telephone calls to the surgery. It will be easier for patients phoning through for appointments, advice or in need of urgent help to get through.
- To bring us in line with national guidance regarding safer prescribing.
If you have any questions, or need help with Patient Access, please speak with a member of staff who will be happy to help.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see either a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications.
Please allow two full working days between requesting and collecting your prescription. Please not that if a medication is not on REPEAT this may take longer